Most people struggle to lose weight, but a significant minority has the opposite problem.
if you are in that group, you know the feeling. People are jealous of you that you can eat everything and yet not gain any weight. They hate you when you say you are actually trying to add a couple of pounds.
Let me tell you – despite being in the minority, you are not alone.
If you are generally healthy and want to gain some weight to look better and feel stronger here are some ideas:
1) Never go hungry. If you are busy and have no time throughout the day, make sure you have a snack on you. Pack a Multigrain sandwich, trail mix (mix of nuts, seeds and dry fruits), granola bar, or a fruit with you.
2) Don’t have your meals on the run. “I have no time” is a lame excuse. Find time to sit down and enjoy what you eat. Don’t forget to chew properly.
3) If you can, try to increase your portion just a bit. If it does not make you feel heavy after the meal then you can increase a little more.
4) Include more of your favourite foods into your diet. Hopefully your favourite food is nutritious so you can enjoy it and get the health benefits.
5) Find the ways to increase your appetite. Listen to your body as we are all different. Find what makes you hungry. For example, some get very hungry after an oatmeal breakfast, or an apple or after exercising.
6) Never chase empty calories. Don’t sacrifice good eating habits even if you end up consuming less calories.
I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment – just click on the comment icon under the header of the post and you are in!
If you want to talk about your health concerns – contact me .